Frequently Asked Questions
WHAT IS A BATTERY?
- The battery stores it as chemical energy that is the name that is given to electrochemical devices. Establishes a connection with an electric circuit batteries chemical energy is converted into electrical energy.
- Batteries as structural similarity. Structurally, a group formed from a combination of a chemical cell. Each of these cells consists of positive and negative electrodes and separators.
- Discharge of the battery during the process, different materials between the two electrodes in electro-chemical change.
- The electrons moving between the positive and negative electrodes of the external circuit also allows you to take action.
- The accumulator should be considered in the care of:
- Battery acid diluted to 1 cm is added to the accumulator to exceed the generators. Battery acid i.e. acidic water at 27oc and electrolyte a mixture of 1280 g/cm3 (31.5 Baume) is valued at. Poor quality acidic water causes destruction of the battery and color. Acid dilution water is added to the battery during the first. After this process water is added to acid.
- The batteries have rested for 30 minutes reconstituted. After the relaxation process, i.e. 1/20 partial completion supply the ampera's battery is connected to the battery. During this charging process, the density increase should be checked on an hourly basis. The same value is read three times during control operations when the numerical value of the density at 27oc and 1280 g/cm3 (31.5 Baume) when it is possible to understand that the battery is charging. (This article dry charged battery 2.)
- The only water that will be missing from the battery, the acid is a decrease in. Diminishing water separator pure water is added so the battery only until exceed 1 cm, definitely acid is not added. When the battery falls below the minimum value of acidic water is added to distilled water.
- If electrolyte is spilled battery unused, the battery turns on the plates and the battery becomes unusable. It is enough to apply a complementary charge unused batteries once a month.
- The battery removed from the vehicle, or when hanging out spark. Because of this spark, the danger should be taken. To avoid this situation plus the positive pole per pole, minus the end of the cable is connected to the beginning negative terminal. However, while the negative terminal of the battery is removed is inserted.
- It should be noted that the battery is clean. For vehicles, the engine should be taken to protect the battery when the wash is done. The poles of the battery must be tied tight, we must make sure the air vents are clear.
- You need to keep in an upright position the electrolyte in batteries. Flip side or reverse damage to the battery.
- Batteries definitely will not be repaired.
- The acid gases arise during the use of sulfuric acid in batteries is explosive. Spark the fire of the battery filling process and non-it is important to be done in an environment.
- Different materials are used in the construction of the battery. These materials are defined by the batteries. Nickel/ cadmium, nickel/Iron, the iron used in the construction of lithium battery materials.
- Some of the material in the electrodes and electrolyte are named according to the type of batteries. For example, lead-acid battery electrodes made from lead and sulfuric acid as the electrolyte inside the lobby.
- Active material in the battery determines the voltage of the cell. Total cell numbers in the battery determines the voltage of the battery.
- Lead-acid battery the nominal voltage of 2 volts. Usually this type of batteries are Car batteries 6 cells.
THE REACTION IN THE BATTERY
The active materials in the electrodes in electro-chemical change occurs when the battery is discharged. So, oxygen enters into a reaction with a substance in the negative electrode releases electrons. This reaction is called the anode. In the meantime, the substance that is reduced is called the cathode electrode that is located at the positive reaction. Thanks circulates the electrons to a circuit that joins the two poles.
THE BATTERY SHOULD BE CONSIDERED IN THE SELECTION OF
- A battery of the vehicle, the appropriate standard should be selected.
- The engine is running should provide high current at any time.
- In the short term after trying to run quickly, should be implemented.
- Starter motor and starter motor must be compatible with the cycle.
- Must be the cold and hot resistance under different climate conditions and should work.
- Should not be big and bulky. Should have a design that can easily be mounted into tight spaces.
- Blow, must be resistant to shake and tremble.
- Impact and fracture or cracking should not be a shock, certainly it shouldn't leak.
- Charging and must be easy to use and highly secure.
- Today's vehicle electronic systems should be used to provide the energy required in the way of comfortable.
- Filling should be high capacity and long lasting.
- Re-i.e. the discharge of the charge should be short and easy.
- Must be mounted in different positions.
- Shouldn't need any maintenance.
THE EFFECTS OF CLIMATIC CONDITIONS IN BATTERIES
In A Cold Environment
- Throwing away the battery in and the cold air about the relationship between known errors and you need to read the operating instructions of the battery.
- At low temperatures batteries lose capacity in cold weather or they will think their existing. However, the achievements of both capacity and providing energy in cold weather the batteries diminishes.
- The air temperature decreases, the chemical reaction is slow, this situation affects the performance of the battery.
- The chemical reaction time is doubled 10oc at the bottom of each degree in the fall.
- Compared to oil this situation from occurring in the battery. The air temperature decreases, the density of the oil also increases.
- The chemical reaction inside the battery, lead sulfate in the plates to lead acid resides of the sulfur activates. This movement is repeated and the desired energy they produce. This movement slows in cold weather.
- In cold weather the internal resistance of the battery to rise from the current accumulator voltage is also reduced.
In A Hot Environment
- Battery loses power when the temperature rises. The battery is the most efficient working temperature range +10ºc to +30 range.
- Batteries in cold weather due to extreme temperatures power failure the battery before using it incomprehensible. Depending on whether the battery is used at a high temperature, this causes wear.
- The problem in this case is due to the increase of chemical reactions at high temperatures. At high temperature, the battery produces energy faster. But causes wear of the electrodes. This also increases the rate of gas during production. The water evaporates and the concentrated acid that causes wear. The battery had a problem because of the season not only because of the heat. Standing close to the heat source or the battery is hot, It reduces the battery life.
- Batteries in hot environments, when used as thermal insulation and to provide protection for the custom plates are used.
CHARGING THE BATTERIES
- Lead-acid battery is charged by an outside power source when they go in opposite directions occurs, and the time of the discharge electrodes. The formation of this situation for the power supply that is used for charging the battery you need to produce more energy.
- Each lead-acid cell produces 2V. What this means is a vehicle battery 12 V or 14.4 V 2.2 to 2.4 and 13.2 in each unit of all batteries must be recharged in between.
- Usually the vehicle's alternator Starter battery ( alternator ) charging, although it was for different reasons, the battery may be discharged. In this case, the battery does not run the vehicle, disassembled and the battery must be recharged by an outside power source.
- Overloading of the battery charge by charging more than the specified level or more and is caused to stop or even reduce the life span of this battery will cause.
- Overload from occurring in the accumulation of hydrogen and oxygen batteries.
- The resulting is converted to an explosive mixture of gases. So the process should be done in well ventilated areas.
- The formation of gas takes place while water from the electrolyte in the battery evaporates. Of the plates of the battery that allows you to see the damage.
- When there is water loss as a result of overloading is added distilled water to the battery acid is not added.
- The effect of these cases which are the result of overloading shortens the life of the battery ( out of the scope of this warranty) .